Development ManagerCompany: JDRF
Date Posted: March 22, 2018
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org
26 Broadway, 14 Floor, 14 Floor, New York, NY, 10004, United States
The Development Manager will lead, manage, develop, and expand individual and corporate sponsorship programs that build and strengthen links to potential and existing volunteers and donors and increase the Chapter’s revenue. S/he will work in conjunction with the Development Director, resource team and senior volunteer leadership to increase the revenue of fundraising activities and ensure that the fundraising and non-fundraising priorities of JDRF grow through increased corporate, individual, volunteer, and other community involvement. S/he will organize and coordinate appropriate committees with volunteers to expand fundraising and non-fundraising programs.
This position is located in the Southfield, MI office. The position manages the JDRF One Walk in Ann Arbor and Jackson.
• Serve as a key staff member in implementing the strategic direction and purpose of the Chapter. Collaborate with an outstanding team of local staff as well as national/regional staff resources to ensure the Chapter’s growth and success, discuss best practices, and share new ideas.
• In coordination with the Development Director and volunteer leadership and committees, identify and cultivate new corporate and individual sponsorship partners for chapter events and for the chapter as a whole.
• In coordination with the Development Director and volunteer leadership and committees, cultivate, steward and develop growth in returning corporate and individual chapter sponsorship partners.
• Maintain accurate and complete financial records for all corporate and individual sponsorship partners.
• Assist in identifying and cultivating major donors.
• Maintain standards for all events and non-events programs established at the National level.
• Accountable for meeting deadlines, responding to volunteers and other department requests.
• Network with the resource team and other JDRF chapters to discuss best practices and share new ideas.
• Collaborate with chapter staff to ensure the critical growth and success of the chapter.
• Work in partnership with the Special Events Managers and Coordinators.
• Perform other duties assigned by the Development Director.
• Five+ years of fundraising experience or relevant business/volunteer experience.
• Knowledge of both special event and non-event fundraising activities (major gifts, stewardship, etc.) is a must.
• Must be a self-starter while also being collaborative and an amazing team player!
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
• Ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
• Significant computer literacy.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience required.
• Ability to travel within SE Michigan required. Evening and weekend work required as needed.
How to Apply:
If you’d like to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to JDRF by clicking the job URL http://smrtr.io/UqCO8g
No Phone Calls Please. Only those candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted.